Hope Alive is not a homeless shelter. We offer a comprehensive program which seeks to assist women in crisis experience whole-person transformation. Through mental health treatment and wraparound support, we help women gain physical and emotional healing as well as develop self-sufficiency and independence.
Applicants for our Transitional Housing Program must meet the following admission criteria:
- Be a female 18 years or older without children in her care.
- Have a mental health related need and a willingness to address that need by attending counseling and support groups.
- Have a housing crisis and/or a practical need for which professional guidance and support is needed and a willingness to partner with Hope Alive staff to meet that need.
- Applicants with a history of substance abuse must have established and maintained sobriety for a required length of time prior to admission.
- Be physically and mentally able to live in a community environment without significant staff assistance.
- Be physically able to complete necessary household chores required for the maintenance of a residence (i.e. lawn work, housecleaning, laundry, etc.).
- Willing to complete a drug screen/breathalyzer when you arrive and, if accepted, random drug screens/breathalyzers throughout your stay. A clean drug screen is required prior to admission.
- Willingness to remain alcohol and drug-free (including prescription narcotics) throughout their stay, if accepted.
- Applicants must complete an interview with Hope Alive staff in order to determine if their individual needs are within Hope Alive’s scope of practice and if they meet our criteria.
- We are not able to accept those who have been convicted of harming a child sexually or physically.
If accepted, residents are required to comply with program requirements in order to maintain residence at Hope Alive.